Volunteer at the Sedona Public Library
Sedona Public Library could not function without our volunteers. Over 160 volunteers currently donate thousands of hours annually to provide valuable assistance to the staff and patrons of the library. Volunteering offers those individuals an opportunity to develop lasting friendships and feel genuine satisfaction in a job well done.
How do I Volunteer?
Click the button below to apply.
When we receive your application, we will call you to set up an interview.
To check the status of your application please contact the Sedona
Public Library volunteer coordinator at 928-282-7714 x143 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Most volunteers work 2-4 hours per week. Many work more. Some volunteers work for more than one department. Others volunteers prefer to be on-call only and substitute for volunteers who must be away from their shift.
What Opportunities Exist?
We have opportunities in:
A current list of opportunities may be found on Sedona Wish List.
- Circulation (Checking items in and out, shelving, shelf reading)
- Technical Services (Book mending, book covering, tape/CD/DVD maintenance)
- Periodicals (Preparing magazines for shelving and sale, newspapers)
- Interlibrary Loan (Requesting items from libraries outside the Yavapai Library Network)
- Book Sales and Donations (Research, Internet book sales)
- Children's Programs (After School program, Summer Reading Program)
- Information Technology (Computer Assistants)
- Our Business Office
Thank you for your interest in volunteering!