Volunteer at the Sedona Public Library
Sedona Public Library could not function without our volunteers. Over 160 volunteers currently donate thousands of hours annually to provide valuable assistance to the staff and patrons of the library. Volunteering offers those individuals an opportunity to develop lasting friendships and feel genuine satisfaction in a job well done.
What Opportunities Exist?
We have opportunities in:
A current list of opportunities may be found on Sedona Wish List.
- Circulation (Checking items in and out, shelving, shelf reading)
- Technical Services (Book mending, book covering, tape/CD/DVD maintenance)
- Periodicals (Preparing magazines for shelving and sale, newspapers)
- Interlibrary Loan (Requesting items from libraries outside the Yavapai Library Network)
- Book Sales and Donations (Research, Internet book sales)
- Children's Programs (After School program, Summer Reading Program)
- Collections (Displays)
- Our Business Office
Most volunteers work 2-4 hours per week. Many work more. Some volunteers work for more than one department. Others volunteers prefer to be on-call only and substitute for volunteers who must be away from their shift.
How do I Volunteer?
- Download and fill out this volunteer application, or stop in the library to pick one up.
- Email the completed application to email@example.com, send it by post, or hand deliver it to the library.
When we receive your application, we will call you to set up an interview.
Applicants must be at least 18 years for most positions, however there are a limited number of positions available for teenagers. Teen volunteer applications are available online or at the Youth Services desk.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
Sedona Public Library