Sedona Public Library and SPL in the Village are now pleased to loan Barnes & Noble NOOK ereaders preloaded with popular titles! Please see below for details.
Click here to check for ereaders currently available.
Please remember that ereaders are not holdable, and are available to all Yavapai Library Network patrons on a first-come, first-serve basis.
|Preloaded Books on English NOOKs
||Preloaded Books on Spanish NOOK
Age of Miracles by Karen Walker
Beautiful Mystery by Louise Penny
Black List by Brad Thor
Defending Jacob by William Landay
Double Cross by Ben Macintyre
Fallen Angel by Daniel Silva
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Hard Country by Michael McGarrity
Inn at Rose Harbor by Debbie Macomber
Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly
Kingmaker's Daughter by Phillipa Gregory
Light Between Oceans by ML Stedman
Odd Apocalypse by Dean Koontz
Racketeer by John Grisham
Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
Sweet Talk by Julie Garwood
The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling
The Tools by Phil Stutz
Where We Belong by Emily Giffin
Where'd You Go Bernadette? by Maria Semple
Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Cien años de soledad, por Gabriel García Márquez
Cincuenta sombras de Grey, por E.L. James
Cincuenta sombras liberadas, por E.L. James
Como agua para chocolate, por Laura Esquivel
Conquistadora, por Esmeralda Santiago
Criadas y señoras, por Kathryn Stockett
De cómo las muchachas García perdieron el acento, por Julia Álvarez
El alquimista, por Paulo Coelho
El nombre de la rosa, por Umberto Eco
En el nombre de Salomé, por Julia Álvarez
¿Has visto a María? por Sandra Cisneros
La casa de los espíritus, por Isabel Allende
La civilización del espectáculo, por Mario Vargas Llosa
La isla bajo el mar, por Isabel Allende
La Malinche, por Laura Esquivel
La reina del sur, por Arturo Pérez-Reverte
Los jefes, por Mario Vargas Llosa
Personas, por Carlos Fuentes
Rayuela, por Julio Cortázar
Todos los cuentos, por Gabriel García Márquez
Sedona Public Library: NOOK Loan Policy and Agreement (Click here to download.)
Guidelines for Borrowing and Use
- A valid library card from the Yavapai Library Network AND current photo ID must be presented at time of checkout.
- Borrowers must be 18 years old or older. Borrowers must read, understand, and sign this agreement at the service desk in the presence of a library staff member each time a NOOK is checked out.
- The borrower's account must be in good standing with the YLN, including current address and contact information on file, and overdue fines not exceeding $10.00
- NOOKs may be borrowed for one loan period of 21 days and may not be renewed.
- NOOKs cannot be placed on hold.
- Borrower is responsible for returning the NOOK to the service desk of the library from which it was checked out.
- NOOKs shall NOT be returned in the book drop. Customers will be billed for resulting damage to the NOOK and/or peripherals and may be denied future NOOK checkout.
- NOOK software and settings shall not be altered. Use care when handling the device.
Fees and Liability
- The overdue fine is $5.00 per day.
- The borrower is responsible for costs associated with damage or loss of NOOK and/or peripherals due to neglect, abuse, theft, or any other cause while the NOOK is in the borrower's possession.
- The replacement cost for a pre-loaded NOOK is $175.
- NOOKS that are not returned within 30 days of the due date will be electronically deactivated, and the borrower's library account will be charged the full replacement cost.
Evaluation of the NOOK Service
- The borrower agrees to participate in evaluation of the NOOK service by completing a short survey form when the NOOK is returned.